Residence Hall Contract & Rates

Residence Hall Contract Cancellation


BEFORE you move into your residence hall

Submit a cancellation request by logging into the Residence Hall Portal and entering the Residence Hall Contract. Requests submitted prior to the cancellation deadline will be eligible for a refund of their deposit, assuming there are no outstanding fees or charges on the student’s bill. If the request is submitted after the cancellation deadline and prior to the first day of classes; or if the contract is signed after the cancellation deadline, the deposit will not be refunded.

Cancellation Deadlines:

  • Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 Academic Year contract: May 1, 2019
  • Spring 2020 Only contract: November 15, 2019
  • Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 Academic Year Contract: May 1, 2020


AFTER you have moved into your residence hall

Submit a Contract Termination Request form. Terminations are not automatic and are made at the discretion of the Director of Residence Life or their appointed designee. Residents are required to submit their request form and are responsible for providing additional documentation that substantiates the reason to request termination of their residence hall contract. Students who vacate the residence halls without approval will be in breach of the contract and will be responsible for the full cost of the remaining portion of the contract term, and will forfeit their deposit.

Contract Termination Request Form


Notification of Decision

Decisions for cancellation and termination requests are sent to the student’s UWRF email account. Average review time is 2-4 weeks, but varies depending upon the nature of the request.


Contact Us

Department of Residence Life
M-F, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
B3 East Hathorn Hall