Academic Policies and Records

Academic Suspension Appeal

Undergraduate Student Appeals Process

Students who wish to appeal their academic suspension or reinstatement must comply with the following:

Step 1
Apply for re-entry through the Admissions Office (103 David Rodli Hall) as soon as possible.  The Admissions Office needs to have the reentry application at least 10 days prior to the start of the term in which you are applying for.  Any questions regarding accuracy of the academic records or policies regarding suspension may be referred to the Registrar's Office.

Step 2
Submit a typed letter of appeal to the College for the major you are currently seeking. Contact information is below:

College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (CAFES) Dean's Office
210 Agricultural Sciences Building, (715) 425-3535.

College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Dean's Office
136 Kleinpell Fine Arts Building, (715) 425-3777.

College of Education and Professional Studies (CEPS)
Dean's Office
203 Walker Wyman Education Building, (715) 425-3774

College of Business and Economics (CBE) Dean's Office
124 South Hall, (715) 425-3335

Step 3
Upon submitting your letter of appeal to the College for the major you are currently seeking, contact the Dean's Office regarding setting up an interview. An interview will not be set up until you have submitted a re-entry form to the Admissions Office and the Dean's Office has received your letter of appeal. The written letter of appeal must provide evidence of the ability to return to good academic standing. The most acceptable proof of academic preparedness for readmission will be fulfilled when a student completes no fewer than nine semester credits with a 2.500 grade point average at another institution.

You will be provided with written or verbal notification of your acceptance or denial of reinstatement. The written notification will be sent directly to the address listed on your letter of appeal.

The Dean's Office will notify the Admissions Office regarding the status of your appeal.

If your appeal for reinstatement has been approved by your Academic Dean or Associate Dean, the Admissions Office will send registration materials to you at the address indicated on the re-entry application. Any outstanding financial holds, transcript requirements or other obligations will be noted on your reinstatement letter. You will not be able to register until all holds have been removed.


Graduate Student Appeals Process

A graduate student who has been suspended may apply for readmission to the university through the Admissions Office (103 David Rodli Hall). The director of their graduate program will review applications for readmission and make recommendations to the Director of Graduate Studies regarding the student's readmission. Depending on the circumstances , it is the Director of Graduate Studies prerogative to readmit the student or not and how to determine the length of the suspension.

The appeal for financial aid reinstatement is a separate process.  Information on this process is available on the Financial Aid website.