Graduate Studies

Student Forms and Directions

Advanced Opportunity Program (AOP) Fellowship Application

The Advanced Opportunity Program (AOP) Fellowship is provided by the State of Wisconsin and intended to provide financial support for minority and disadvantaged graduate students allowing them to focus attention on their graduate studies and to complete their degrees in a timely fashion.

Eligibility: A graduate student who is admitted to a degree-seeking graduate program at UW-River Falls and who is a US citizen or permanent resident is eligible to apply for the AOP Fellowship if he/she meets any of the criteria, which have been established by the UW System, included in the application:

The Advanced Opportunity Program (AOP) Fellowship Application is available through Financial Aid Office each spring.  

Appeal to Extend the Seven-Year Time Limit for Completion of the Graduate Degree

Form used to request a graduation extension: Appeal to Extend Time Limit.

1. The graduate student will complete the student portion of the form and provide an electronic signature.

2. The graduate student will consult with their advisor, a department faculty member, or program director for each class being appealed.

3. The advisor and program director will add comments and electronic signature to the document.

4. The form is submitted to the Graduate Studies Office for approval.

Enrollment Verification

The Registrar's Office will provide verification of enrollment to insurance companies, lender institutions, or other agencies at your request. More information is available at Enrollment Verification Self Service.

Excess Load Request

The form to request permission to exceed the fulltime course load allowed per semester is located here: Application for Excess Load.

Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The external website to submit a free application request for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is located here: Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). 

Graduate Studies Final Examination & Submission

Official Transcript

To request an official transcript either order online or visit the Registrar's Office for more options: Requesting Transcripts.

Re-Entry Application for Graduate Students

Used by returning graduate students in good academic standing: If you are a returning graduate student in good academic standing, you may complete a re-entry application, instead of completing an entirely new graduate student application form. Students who wish to change either their program of study or their status from being a temporary student to the status of a student pursuing either a degree or certificate will need to complete the full graduate online application.

Withdrawal from University

For information about withdrawing from UWRF visit: Withdrawal from University.

Contact Us

Graduate Studies
104 North Hall
Phone: 715-425-0629