Stage One Procedures
All steps must be completed by 4:00 p.m. central time on the due date.
Step 1 - Send Dr. Buttles an e-mail message asking to be added to the Ag Ed Student Teaching Applications site in D2L. Include your campus ID number in the message.
Step 2 - Complete the following documents, print, sign and turn in to Dr. Graham's mailbox:
Step 3- Complete the following documents and submit to the Student Teaching Application folder in the dropbox located in the Ag Ed Student Teaching Applications D2L site:
Note: Items 3 and 4 will be sent to your cooperating teacher and university supervisor.
1. Field Experience Hours - Must have at least 113 hours working with school age youth before the start of the student teaching placement. Field experiences must take place in approved placements. Most of these hours will be completed as part of required courses.
2. Occupation Experience Hours - Must have at least 2,000 hours before the start of your student teaching placement. Note: Please review the Occupation Experience Policy for details on this requirement.
3. Current Resume, formatted for an education related position.
Review the Resumes for School Districts guide on the Education Majors section of the UWRF Career Services Web Site for a guide to writing education related resumes. You should also utilize the Resume Critique services offered by Career Services.
Step 4 - Complete the Student Teaching Intent Survey in D2L.
The following items are not part of the application process, but must also be completed to receive a student teaching placement:
- Content Knowledge - Starting in fall of 2017, multiple pathways will be available to demonstrate content knowledge. More information will be provided when a campus policy has been adopted. Prior to July of 2017, a qualifying score for the Praxis ag education content test (formerly called Praxis II) must have been posted in eSIS to secure a placement. Additional information is provided on the UWRF Educator Preparation Program website.
Between September 1, 2014 and July 1, 2017
Prior to September 1, 2014
- Certification Portfolio Review - All standards must be approved before student teaching. Visit the Certification Portfolio web site for details.
One additional item is not required at this time, but will need to be met before you can start your student teaching placement:
- Negative TB Test - Written verification of a current (no more than 90 days prior to the start of the student teaching) negative tuberculin test. Note: Allow at two visits to the medical provider, with at least 3 days between visits.
Successful completion of a student teaching placement includes submitting and receiving a passing score on the edTPA. The details of this requirement will be provided during the student teaching seminars and in the agricultural education student teaching handbook.