Current Students

Transfer Information

Transfer Evaluations for new and current students are done in the Registrar’s Office.

To view the full transfer credit policy, please see policy 9.2.34 in the Faculty Senate Handbook located here.

Undergraduate transfer students who have attended the University of Wisconsin-River Falls before should have their transcripts from other institutions sent to:

UW-River Falls
Registrar's Office
410 S. 3rd Street
River Falls, WI 54022-5001

Courses may not be retaken at another institution to raise your UWRF GPA and will not be transferred in towards your UWRF academic record. Transfer credit generally applies toward graduation. However, grades for these courses will not be calculated into your UWRF cumulative GPA

Undergraduate students who would like to have their International coursework transferred to the University of Wisconsin-River Falls need to have their record evaluated by an official evaluation service.  Please follow the steps below.

  • River Falls requires official copies of academic records from all secondary schools, colleges and universities you have attended. Official records should include all exam results, transcripts/marks, certificates, diplomas or degrees received. These documents should be sent directly to UW-River Falls from the institutions attended. All documents must have a certified English translation.
  • To receive credit for courses that you have taken at another college or university outside the United States, you should submit your academic records to a professional evaluation service for review. UW-River Falls recommends one of the following evaluation services:
  • The report from the evaluation service should be sent directly to UW-River Falls.


Transfer Credit Tools:


Transferology is an online tool that serves as a gateway to participating institutions' automated degree audit and transfer articulation systems. This means that you will be able to view course equivalencies, see program requirements, enter and store coursework, and even request an evaluation of transfer work against a program.


UW Transfer Information System (TIS):

The UW Transfer Information System (TIS) is a computer system designed to provide potential transfer students with current and accurate information to help them make more informed transfer decisions.

Transfer Guides; Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Others

For additional information on course transfer, please contact the Registrar’s Office: