- Political Science Professor and Associate Provost, Wes Chapin, led a group of students from his German Politics course to Europe, where they visited Salzburg, Austria; Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and Brienz, Switzerland; and Berlin, Berchtesgaden, Frankfurt am Main, Rüdesheim am Rhein, Lübbenau, Dachau, Bacharach and Munich, Germany.
- Professor, Sooh-Rhee Ryu, published an article entitled, "Promises are Promises?: A Study of Campaign Promise Fulfillment Among South Korean Legislators, 2008-2012" in the Korea Journal. She has begun work on a book project, "Koreans in Minnesota" as part of the Minnesota Historical Society's The People of Minnesota series.
November 3, 2016
- Professor, Neil Kraus, was interviewed by Kare 11 News, regarding the results of the Presidential election in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Watch the story, "Wisconsin goes Republican in election" here.
October 31, 2016
- Political Science Department chair, Neil Kraus, was interviewed by Pat Kessler of Minnesota's WCCO News for an article, "Trump To Campaign In Wisconsin Tuesday." Read the full story here.
October 26, 2016
- Professors, Neil Kraus, Davida Alperin and Sooh-Rhee Ryu from Political Science, presented the seventh Contemporary Political Issues Roundtable, entitled "Trump v. Clinton: The Election of a Lifetime." Other panelists included Brian Huffman, from Management and Marketing, Travis Tubré and Cyndi Kernahan from Psychology.