UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
The Department of Politics, Geography and International Studies is pleased to announce the 2023-24 Map & Poster Competition. Two categories included originally authored maps, and research posters. The contest is open to all UWRF students. Submissions are due by Monday, April 22, 2024, and winners will be announced the last week of spring semester.
1) Map entries intended for print must be submitted in JPG or PNG format at a minimum of 400 DPI. Map entries intended for online viewing should email a URL or link to where the map can be viewed. Research poster entries should be related to Geography or GIS, and must be submitted in PDF format.
2) One award will be given for the best map and one award will be given for the best research poster. Map and research poster entries may have been created as part of a UWRF course, during an internship, or as an extra-curricular activity outside of class. Maps and research posters co-authored by a group of students are allowed.
3) You may submit up to two entries in either category, but you must provide a separate entry form for each. All hard copies will become the property of the department, however, we are happy to print an additional copy for you to keep.
4) Maps and research posters will be judged on design quality, clarity of presentation, content, and writing.
5) Submissions must be received by the main office, 356 KFA, or by email to email@example.com by Monday, April 22.
6) Winners will be chosen by members of Geography and GIS faculty and staff and will be announced the last week of the semester. Each winner will receive a prize and a certificate of cartographic or research excellence.