The Music Department at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls provides unique and comprehensive courses and degree plans for students who seek to develop expertise in music, including education, history, theory, and performance. International guest artists, conductors, and composers inspire and add to this excellent faculty to serve students. Whatever your goals are, we will work with you to help you achieve them.
Music Department at a Glance
- Excellent faculty-student ratio
- High-quality performance opportunities for all students
- Forward-thinking approach to music education
- Excellent placement history for music education graduates
- Outstanding applied-music studio instruction in all areas
- Life-changing international/regional performance tours
- Active study-abroad program (Fall/Spring, Summer, J-Term)
- Strong partnerships (including internships) with Twin Cities music organizations and ensembles
- World-renowned guest artists
- Annual composer commissions premiered by students
- 1.3 million dollar renovation of Abbott Concert Hall (2018)
National Association of Schools of Music
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).