The Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (LUMRG) application process and requirements have been extensively revised.
Read the eligibility criteria and eligibility for renewal requirements carefully.
For more information, please contact Derek Bradley, Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.
The following criteria must be met in order to receive LUMRG:
- You must be a resident of Wisconsin and one of the following under represented minority groups in higher education: African-American, Latino/a, Native American Indian, or statutorily designated Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian, or Vietnamese) students who entered the U.S. after December 31, 1975.
- Must have Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) completed and received in the UWRF Financial Aid office at the time of application.
- Have 24 or more cumulative credits (nearing sophomore, junior or senior status) at the time of application.
- Your self-disclosed racial/ethnic identification must be consistent across all institutional student records.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25, not be on academic or financial aid probation or suspension. This minimum GPA must be maintained in order to continue receiving LUMRG.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress, carrying 12+ credits each semester.
- Award amounts vary depending on the number of spring applicants and the availability of funds.
- Students will be required to return awarded LUMRG money (pro-rated) should they withdraw, drop out, or are dismissed from the university.
Eligibility for Renewal Awards*
- Meet with the Director of Student Success or designee a minimum of two times per semester (four times per academic year) for continued funding.
- Participate/attend at least three program approved/sponsored activities each semester to be considered for continued funding.
- Students will also be required to complete a financial literacy assignment within the first year of the LUMRG award.
- Eligibility requirements, award amounts, and renewal requirements are subject to change/modification each academic year.