UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls Department of Geography & GIS is pleased to announce the 2018-19 Map & Poster Competition. This year there are two categories, including originally authored maps, and research posters. The contest is open to all UWRF students. Submissions are due by 4 p.m. Friday, April 26th, 2019.
1) Map entries intended for print must be submitted in both printed and digital formats (JPG or PNG at a minimum of 400 DPI). Map entries intended for online viewing should email a URL or link to where the map can be viewed. Research poster entries should be related to Geography or GIS, and must be submitted in both paper and digital format (PDF).
2) One award will be given for the best map and one award will be given for the best research poster. Map and research poster entries may have been created as part of a UWRF course, during an internship, or as an extra-curricular activity outside of class. Maps and research posters co-authored by a group of students are allowed.
3) You may submit up to two entries in either category, but you must provide a separate, paper entry form for each. All hard copies will become the property of the Geography & GIS Department, however, we are happy to print an additional copy for you to keep.
4) Maps and research posters will be judged on design quality, clarity of presentation, content, and writing.
5) Submissions must be received in the Geography Office or by email by 4 p.m. Friday, April 26th. If you submit via email, you will receive a confirmation of receipt. Please send all files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Voting will occur at the annual banquet on Friday, May 3rd, and the winners will be announced that evening. Each winner will receive a prize and a certificate of cartographic or research excellence.