- Faculty Notification Letters (FNL) are valid for one term. Each semester, the student requests a new set of letters and meets with individual professors to present and discuss their eligible accommodation(s).
- Eligible students are not required to meet with a DRC staff each semester. Accommodations renew with continuous enrollment in UWRF courses. Temporary accommodations are the exception.
- Students should request to have their Faculty Notification Letters emailed early each semester and confirm their current accommodations are satisfactory.
Why do students need to request accommodations each semester?
- New set of instructors each semester.
- Each student has the right to choose if and when they would like to use their approved accommodations. The Disability Resource Center does not make assumptions about a student's needs, as each student has the right to determine what level of support they need in each of their courses.
- It provides an opportunity for the student to consider whether the Disability Resource Center could support them in a different way. It creates an opportunity for communication.
- Students can update or review their accommodation plan at any point during their collegiate career. If a student does want to change or add an accommodation, they are required to set-up an Accommodation Review Meeting with their DRC Primary Advisor. Updated documentation may be required to support the need for the student’s additionally requested accommodations.
- For concerns or issues during the semester, please contact the DRC by phone or email, email@example.com.