Human Resources Management students

Current Undergraduate Students

CBE Academic Advising

When you begin your education in the College of Business and Economics, you will be assigned to a professional academic advisor.  Once you have over 45 credits, you will receive a faculty advisor. 

How to make the most of your advising appointment as a College of Business and Economics student:

  • Review Degree Audit Report 
  • Schedule your appointment at least one week in advance
  • Test your device’s connection/video/audio- you will be meeting virtually! 
  • Prepare a selection of courses you may be interested in 
  • Come with questions!

FAQ and Advisor Info


Q: What is a Degree Audit Report (DAR) and how do I use it?
A: A Degree Audit Report (DAR) provides a record of your academic progress toward completion of a specific degree program. A DAR reviews your UW-River Falls course work, including in-progress courses, and all transfer coursework to evaluate the completion of the requirements for your specific degree. The DAR itemizes specific requirements and shows the steps that you have taken or need to take to complete your degree. Please review your DAR prior to each academic advising appointment.

Q: What do I do if I did poorly in a course?
A: Retake the course at UWRF and your most recent grade will then replace your last grade.

Q: Will my advisor stay the same throughout my time at UWRF?
A: No. After completing 45 credits you will be transferred to a faculty advisor within your specific area of study.

Q: How do I obtain my registration pin each semester?
A: Meet with you advisor to discuss your next semester plan, and your advisor will provide you with your registration pin.

Q: How do I contact my advisor?
A:  1. The official form of communication is with your UWRF email.
     2. You may also contact your advisor by phone.
     3. Please refer to your advisor information found in Navigate. 
     Your advisor's contact information may be found here

Q: How do I add or drop a class?
A: All of the information regarding adding and dropping a course may be found here

Q: How do I change my major?
A: If you are changing to another major within College of Business and Economics, please email your advisor or stop into the Deans Office Suite in 124 South Hall. If you are changing your major outside of the College of Business and Economics, please contact the department you are switching to.

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my transcript?
A: You may obtain your unofficial transcript via eSIS. For your official transcript, more information can be found here.

Q: Can a single course fulfill more than one requirement?
A: Yes. For example, a course that counts in your major can also fulfill one or more general education or university requirements. (Ask your advisor in your next meeting!)

Q: What is CBE 100?
A: CBE 100 is the first year seminar for the College of Business and Economics that a requirement of all CBE majors. The course will help you explore the individual strengths, identify success strategies, develop and academic plan, and explore different majors and career paths.

Meet your advisor!


Photo of Academic Advisor Lauren Schroeder
Lauren Schroeder


Hi CBE Falcons!  

As the academic advisor & internship coordinator, I am so excited to work with you! My main goal is to help you understand and balance the academic, professional & career expectations throughout your UWRF journey!  

My Strengths: 

Relator – I strive to build relationships with others as I feel it builds trust & understanding. 
Connectedness – I firmly believe the best way to learn & grow is by those around us sharing their different cultures, backgrounds and experiences.  
Arranger – I am always looking for efficiency, organization and order, but spontaneity is also welcome! 
Positivity – I’m an eternal optimist. I believe people are inherently good 😊 
Input – Let’s just say, I love to learn and my brain is full of trivia! 

I am a proud UW – La Crosse alumna with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and a master’s in Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education. After I completed my master’s degree I moved around a bit, living in Charlotte, Brussels Belgium & Nashville before moving “back home” to the Midwest. 

I absolutely love reading, enjoying a good podcast (Sharon Says So – any other GoverNerds out there?), hiking with my son & exploring all the Twin Cities & St Croix Valley have to offer!  

Email Lauren

CBE Student Newsletters 


Schedule an appointment through the Navigate App. You may also make an appointment by calling the CBE Dean's Office at 715-425-3335 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday).




Dates and Events