If you've previously worked with Ability Services and have received your Letter of Eligibility, please review Steps 1-5 below to proceed with requests. If you have not had accommodations at UWRF, please complete the New Student Application to begin the process to qualify for accommodations.
Each semester, it is the student's responsibility to present their approved accommodations to instructors. Communication is recommended early in the semester. Beginning Fall 2020, students will use A.S. Connect to notify professors of their accommodations via e-mail. This process replaces the paper copies previously distributed.
- Open A.S. Connect
- From the list of your enrolled courses, select which classes you plan to request accommodations.
- Continue to Customize Accommodations and select which accommodations you'd like to use in each course.
- Submit your Accommodation Request.
- An e-mail will be sent to your professor.
- Faculty Notification Letters (FNL) are valid for one term. Every semester the student should request a new set of letters and then meet with individual professors to present and discuss their eligible accommodation(s).
- Eligible students are not required to meet with an AS staff each semester. Students should request their FNL early each semester and confirm their current accommodations are satisfactory.
- Why do students need to request accommodations each semester?
- Each student has the right to choose if and when they would like to use their approved accommodations. The Ability Services staff do not make assumptions about a student's needs, as each student has the right to determine what level of support they need in each of their courses.
- Provides an opportunity to discuss whether the AS office could support the student in a different way. It creates an opportunity for communication with the student.
- Students can update or review with AS staff their accommodation plan at any point during their collegiate career. If a student does want to change or add an accommodation, they are required to set-up an Accommodation Review Meeting with the Ability Services Manager, Alicia Reinke-Tuthill. Updated documentation may be required to support the need for the student’s additionally requested accommodations.
- Current students should request their accommodations (FNL) within 30 days of the term start date.
- For concerns or issues during the course of the semester, please contact Deb Morgan or Alicia Reinke-Tuthill.