UWRF offers a range of education abroad programs during full semesters, J-term, Spring Break, May and Summer. Information regarding programs offered and approved by UWRF is available on our education abroad program and application portal. The search portal is a valuable resource for exploring available programs, and understanding program details including location, academics, programs costs, and deadlines.

Explore Programs!

When you are ready to begin an application for a program, you will be required to login to the portal (via the sign in/sign up link in the upper-right of the page) with your campus email address. You are encouraged to complete the traveler intake survey when setting up your profile to provide information to the Office of International Education regarding your education abroad interests, and any assistance you need in pursuing this experience.

In addition to those programs offered and approved by UWRF, the Office of International Education provides support to students who study abroad with non-UWRF programs, or complete approved independent projects abroad.

* A note on participating in education abroad as a non-UWRF student: to participate in a program through UWRF, you must enroll as a special/temporary student at UWRF for the length of your term or program abroad. Even though you are attending a program at UWRF, you would still apply for financial aid through your home institution. Arrangements may be able to be made for your home university to release financial aid for payment to UWRF. When you return from your experience abroad you will be responsible for requesting a transcript from UWRF to transfer your course(s) back to your home institution. Further information about participating in a program as a non-UWRF student, and the specific processes mentioned above, is provided within your online application.

Alumni and community members are required to enroll as special/temporary students and pay fees as established for UWRF student participants, whether the program is credit-bearing or not. 

Education Abroad