The Counseling and School Psychology Department prepares individuals to support learning and social development in academic environments. We offer two unique graduate programs that lead to careers as school counselors or school psychologists. With an experienced faculty, diverse student-body, customizable graduation plans, and convenient, evening hours, our department has trained practitioners in the latest knowledge and techniques since 1968.
The Counseling and School Psychology Advantage
- Each of our programs is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. The School Psychology program is accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists. The Counseling Program is CACREP accredited.
- Attend classes at the Wyman Education Building in the UWRF main campus. Campus is only a 20 to 30 minute drive from downtown St. Paul, Minn.
- Class sizes are small, giving students the opportunity to connect and engage with faculty and staff.
- 96% of counseling graduates were employed as school counselors within 9 months of graduation since spring of 2017.
- 100% of school psychology interns have found employment since 2002.