1. How do I access an online class? Class material can be accessed via the course management system. Once you are enrolled in a class, you will have access to material posted on CANVAS. The material may be used for both asynchronous work and synchronous class sessions.
2. How do I access a Synchronous class session? You will need to join the Zoom or Microsoft Teams session. The faculty member sends the class an invitation with the link for joining the meeting.
3. What are the technical requirements to participate in the online courses? A Windows or Mac computer. Any system purchased in the last few years should be sufficient. It is recommended that you have Windows 8 or higher or MacOS 10.8 are higher, 1.5 GHz Intel or AMD processor, 4 GB RAM, and 10 GB free drive space for storing and working with videos. Your computer may already have an appropriate microphone and camera. To enhance your experience, you may want to have a USB webcam and a headset.
4. What bandwidth do I need to engage with the course content and videos? You are required to have a reliable high speed internet connection. You do want to have good broadband internet connections. Your browser performance will affect your online experience. We recommend a minimum of 10 Mbps downstream and 2 Mbps upstream. We recognize that internet connectivity and quality can vary based on provider, time of day, and location. To avoid browser-based issues and to ensure the best experience, we recommend that you update your browser to its latest version.
5. Are Chromebooks sufficient? Chromebook and tables are not sufficient to meet the minimum expectations of our online courses.