We value and appreciate any compliments, suggestions, information, and/or concerns that you can provide about your academic experiences at UW-River Falls. These help us work to continuously improve the experiences for both current and future students. Please follow the appropriate steps below to assist us as we strive to serve the university and its students well.
Compliments, Suggestions, or Information
For compliments, suggestions, and/or information, please contact your instructor directly. Provide as much detail about the issue as possible to help explain your thoughts. If you feel it appropriate, you can also copy the relevant program director and/or department chair. A listing of department chairs and program directors is available here.
Concerns or Complaints
We endeavor to provide excellent service. However, if you have concerns or complaints about an academic experience, please take the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Discuss the issue with the instructor. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to step two.
- If your course is part of a program, contact your program director to discuss the issue. A listing of program directors is located here. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to step three.
- Contact the department chair to discuss the issue. A listing of department chairs is located here. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to step four.
- Contact the dean of the college where the course is taught and the department is housed: CAFES, CAS, CBE, or CEPS. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to step five.
- Discuss the issue with the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. You will need to schedule a meeting by calling (715) 425-3700. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to step six.
- File a formal complaint following the information provided here.