Discover the world!
Foreign language studies not only enhances one's life personally and professionally, but it can broaden our appreciation and understanding of the world, including our own native language and culture. Knowing a foreign language can help prepare students in our everchanging multicultural world. Combining foreign language skills with other areas such as business, journalism, teaching, nursing, social work, will open up many more career opportunities.
Our international faculty and staff are experts in areas of foreign language pedagogy, literature, linguistics, and world cultures, past and present!
- We offer the following academic programs:
- Major - Spanish
- Minor - Spanish
- Interdisciplinary minor - Asian Studies
- Beginning and intermediate courses - Spanish, Chinese and Japanese
- Study abroad is an important component of our program, and many study abroad opportunities are available for students through UWRF as well as other UW System campuses.
- There is an active club for each language, which encourages faculty-student interaction and takes advantage of the cultural diversity of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Our multimedia language lab contains digital resources for language students, including high-speed Internet connectivity available for student use, language-specific CD-ROM software for language practice, foreign language videos, language dictionaries, and many other language resources.