Working at UWRF

Employment Resources

Many international students seek internship and employment opportunities during their stay. Both degree-seeking (F-1) and exchange students (J-1) can benefit from working on campus or in the community, with appropriate work authorization. There are a variety of campus resources to assist you in the job search, application, and interview process. 

It is important to work closely with the International Student Services Coordinator when seeking employment on or off-campus to ensure you have the proper authorization.


International students and visiting scholars (F-1 and J-1 visa holders), be aware, it is a crime to work in the United States without proper authorization!

Potential employers, please make sure to contact ISS to inquire if the F-1 or J-1 visa holder has received the proper authorization prior to employment.

Contact Us

International Student Services
M-F, 8am - 4:30pm
102 Hagestad Hall

Facebook IconInstagram IconYouTube Icon