How often is there a confidential shredding event on campus?
- Confidential shredding is offered once to twice per year. Dates will be posted in Falcon Daily a few weeks prior to each opportunity.
What is considered confidential material?
- Any document that has personal information such as birth date, social security numbers, employee ID numbers, bank account information, course exams, etc.
- Material to be shredded must have met the legal retention period. See the UW System General Retention Schedule for Student Records for guidelines. If you still have a question, email email@example.com or call 715-425-3567.
Who can get materials shredded?
- Any campus department can submit materials to be shredded.
- Please note that campus employees are not permitted to bring items in from home to be shredded.
How do I get my materials to be shredded included in the next shredding opportunity?
- Departments are responsible for packing and storing material to be shredded until a campus shredding event is announced in Falcon Daily.
- Find a reasonably sized box. The largest size box that will be picked up is equivalent to a copy paper box. Once you have a reasonably sized box, pack up all confidential material and tape it shut.
- Label the box "shred" so it is clearly identified.
- When a shredding event is announced in Falcon Daily, please submit a work order through TMA iServiceDesk listing the location of the boxes and the number of boxes to be picked up.
Who pays for the confidential shredding?
- The UWRF Surplus Property Program covers the expense of the confidential shredding events.
For additional information, contact Joni Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-425-4018