UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
Effective immediately, the UW-River Falls College of Education and Professional Studies will not be accepting applications for the MSE-Elementary Education program until further notice. This time will be spent working on enhancements and improvements to the program.
To receive notification when applications will again be accepted, please complete the Quick Response form from the overview page.
Professional education courses, 31 credits
Prior to admission to Educator Preparation Program, 16 credits
TED 700 Curriculum in the Elementary School, 3 credits
TED 745 Psychology of Teaching, 6 credits
TED 740 Historical/Philosophical/Multicultural Foundations of American Education, 4 credits
SPED 530 The Exceptional Child, 3 credits
Post admission to Educator Preparation Program, 18 credits
TED 705 Language Arts in the Elementary School, 3 credits
TED 707 Adolescent Literature & New Literacies for the Elem. Teacher, 3 credits
TED 710 Social Studies in the Elementary School, 3 credits
TED 715 Science in the Elementary School, 3 credits
TED 720 Mathematics in the Elementary School, 3 credits
READ 760 Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School, 3 credits
Student teaching, 12 credits
TED 472 Student Teaching: Elementary School, 12 credits
Oral Exam for Master's degree. Required only for the degree, not for teacher licensing.
Coursework equivalents from your undergraduate work may be counted for the above credits. Any courses needed from the list can be completed at any time in the program, but must be finished to receive a license.
Teacher Licensing Requirements
- successful completion of all coursework, with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- student teaching
- certification portfolio - Students should consult with their advisor on Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction portfolio requirements.
- Basic Skills Testing
- Praxis II Middle School Content Knowledge Test, with a qualifying score of 146
- Wisconsin Foundation of Reading Test, with a qualifying score of 240
- Successful completion of the edTPA (teacher Performance Assessment)