Communication Sciences and Disorders

Communication Sciences and Disorders

Our undergraduate program prepares students for graduate study in speech-language pathology, audiology or related fields. Our graduate program prepares students for professional careers in speech-language pathology. Graduates work in public schools, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, universities and private practice. 


We offer both the Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science Degrees (MS). The undergraduate program has two paths.  The BS-Education program typically aspire to work as speech-language pathologists in public or private schools upon completion of their undergraduate and graduate degrees.  The BS-Liberal Arts program typically aspire to work as speech-language pathologists in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, or private practice upon completion of their undergraduate and graduate degrees or to attend graduate school in audiology.

Degree Options


  • Bachelor of Science – Secondary Education
  • Bachelor of Science – Liberal Arts


  • Master of Science
  • The department houses a state-of the-art Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic that serves residents of the Greater St. Croix Valley (Eastern Twin City Metropolitan Area and western Wisconsin). Our clinical externship program includes 31 medical/rehabilitation sites and 24 public school sites. Students can choose practicum sites in rural, suburban or urban settings.
  • The Master of Science (MS) education program in speech-language pathology (residential) at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD, 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.

Contact Us

Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
B31 Wyman Education Building