Why Study Computer Science and Information Systems?
Computer science and information systems majors develop the skills necessary to work with today’s evolving software and programming needs in a rapidly growing field with a significant demand for graduates. At UW-River Falls, you’ll get a hands-on education in artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer animation, information security and more to prepare you for the IT field.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the latest programming methodologies, data structures, software engineering, design methods and operating system programming and theories.
- Analyze, design and develop modular scalable multi-tier software applications.
- Design, implement and maintain computer networks.
- Build structured and scalable database management systems.
Types of Courses
- Computer and Information Security
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Database Management Systems
- Decision Making
- Design Analysis MIS
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Operating Systems Programming
- Web Development