Our goal with the CAFES Internship Program is to create a uniquely beneficial experience for both students and employers with the assistance of faculty coordinators. We listen closely to our students' career aspirations, and work hard to find the perfect fit with local, regional, national and international organizations who are seeking to employ top quality candidates.
Not all CAFES majors require an internship, but they are strongly recommended for all programs. The vast majority of CAFES internships are paid experiences.
- Gain valuable, hands-on, practical career experiences, while earning university credit
- Blend theory with practice, which enhances classroom learning
- Build a professional network
- Design a unique work experience based on career goals
- Choose from internship opportunities at local, regional, national or international sites
- Obtain access to motivated, well-trained and productive employees
- Receive extra support through special projects
- Identify, train and evaluate interns as potential employees
- Positively impact our curricular programming through the relationship established with UWRF and CAFES departments
- Enhance recruiting efforts as a result of favorable comments from CAFES interns
Faculty coordinators and employers work together to ensure a realistic career and educational experience for students.
- One or more designated faculty coordinators for each major assists with and supervises internships
- Assist students in identifying an appropriate internship to support their career paths
- Assist students in the development of learning objectives
- Monitor student progress and issue grades
- Develop relationships with employers
- Conduct on-site visits with all local internships