Benefits of hiring an intern
- Interns prove to be well motivated and productive employees.
- Interns provide extra support for special projects.
- Opportunity to identify, train, and evaluate interns who upon graduation may become employees.
- Opportunity to positively affect our curricular programming due to the positive relationship established with the university and the departments within the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences.
- Enhancement of the employer's recruiting efforts as a result of the favorable comments from CAFES interns.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Coordinator and student to develop an achievable set of learning objectives for the intern.
- Assist the intern in selecting a special project.
- Meet with the Faculty Coordinator during an on-site visit.
- Evaluate the intern and provide feedback on their performance level.
- Interns are paid employees.
How to set up an internship