Student Information

Transfer Students

Internal transfer students (students currently enrolled at UW-River Falls) seeking to change their major to Health and Human Performance must complete a Transfer Into HHP Request Form.

External transfer students (students from other universities) should apply for admission through Admissions. Completed files will be reviewed by the department chair or a designee. Admission to the university does not guarantee admission into HHP.

Acceptance of internal and external transfers will be based upon a candidate's GPA, number of credits, specific classes already completed, current enrollment patterns, freshman enrollment, graduation rates and other factors affecting the number of majors in HHP.

The minimum GPA requirements for admission include a 3.0 for Health and Physical Education Teacher Education (HPETE) and a 2.5 for Exercise and Sport Science (EXSS). Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance into HHP. The factors listed above must be taken into consideration. Preference will be given to students with higher GPAs and fewer than 50 credits.