An endowment has been established in memory of Robert P. Knowles, graduated in 1938 from UW-River Falls, received the Distinguished Alumnus award and served on the Board of Regents from 1980 until his death in 1985.
Robert Knowles believed that cross-cultural exchange, making new friends and understanding different cultures, is one of the strongest elements in preserving and promoting world peace. It is fitting, therefore, that his contribution to education not only in Wisconsin, but throughout the world, should be honored by a program to support students and faculty who desire to learn more about the world.
Grants will be made to UWRF Faculty, instructional and non-instructional academic staff, and limited appointees to foster international activity.
As of March 2, 2020, the application for this award has moved from paper format to online submissions.
A Brief Overview of How to Proceed:
If you have any issues, please contact fasdb.
- Complete an application (click below), including the following:
- An up-to-date C.V uploaded into the system.
- A department chair's electronic signature. You will identify your chair, and once the application is submitted, this person will receive an email asking to provide an electronic signature.
- One support narrative from a colleague (UWRF preferred), who can address how you contributed significantly to research, creative, or scholarly activity here at UWRF. You will identify this person in your application, and once the application is submitted, this person will receive an email asking to provide the narrative.
If you haven't received a final email that tells you that your application was sent to the committee, please check on the progress. The application is considered NOT complete until all parts have been submitted by 4:30 p.m. on the due date.
- The financial award is typically in $1,000 to $2,000 range depending on the number of applications submitted.
- One or two tenured or tenure-track faculty member(s) will be awarded.
- The award will be announced at the fall opening meeting each academic year.
- The award amount will be deposited in a university account for submission of expenses.