A Brief Overview of How to Proceed:
If you have any issues, please contact fasdb.
- Complete an application (click below), including the following:
- Department chair's electronic signature. You will identify your chair, and once the application is submitted, this person will receive an email asking to provide an electronic signature.
If you haven't received a final email that tells you that your application was sent to the committee, please check on the progress. The application is considered NOT complete until all parts have been submitted by 4:30 p.m. on the due date.
- International travel is normally limited to $1,300.
- National travel (continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico and Canada) is limited to no more than $1,000.
- Full funding is given if the traveler is presenting at the function and has their name listed on program information.
- Funding for those who are participating (as a chair, moderator, etc. with their name in the program) will be limited to 60% of the limits.
- Individuals who are only attending may receive funding up to 25% of the limits.
Funding is contingent upon available budget for the fiscal year and the balance available from earlier rounds.
If you requested and were approved in
Round 1: Submit all expenses that are dated between July 1 and June 30
Round 2: Submit only expenses that are dated between October 1 and June 30
Round 3: Submit only expenses that are dated between March 1 and June 30
- If your plans are “tentative,” apply for the earliest round available as the unused award can be returned.
- FASDB cannot retroactively fund expenses for expenses not within the dates of the round awarded.
- Expenses must be processed within 30 days after your travel.
- If travel is after June 1, please expense anything that can be expensed before that date. Submit the rest of the expense as soon as possilble upon returning.
All proposals will be evaluated by the Faculty Professional Development Committee of the Faculty and Academic Staff Development Board.
The individual committee members will review applications and the full committee will meet and
- Divide proposals into order recommended for funding by the individual committee members.
- Rank those that are recommended for funding in priority order.
- Send proposals back to their authors for modifications, if needed.
- The results of the committee's deliberations will be forwarded to the Provost for review.
- Applicants will be notified.