- Projects that impact groups of academic staff members rather than individuals. For example, higher priority would be given to a project that would offer an on-campus workshop for a group of academic staff members than to a project that would provide for off-campus conference attendance for one staff member.
- Projects that support the diversity university may be given priority consideration. Other issues of current concern may be identified and specified in the call for proposals.
- The focus of activities should be on improving effectiveness of staff in their current roles rather than in enhancing abilities that allow the staff member to compete for a more responsible position.
The program has three main objectives:
Individual Professional Development
Providing an opportunity for academic staff to enhance their effectiveness in meeting changing needs and roles in higher education
Improved Program Quality
Contributing to improving program vitality during a period of anticipated resource constraints and rapidly changing administrative and educational needs
Improved Institutional Effectiveness
Enhancing and refining those abilities most directly related to the mission and goals of UW-River Falls
If you haven't received a final email that tells you that your application was sent to the committee, please check on the progress. The application is considered NOT complete until all parts have been submitted by 4:30 p.m. on the due date.
- No more than one award will be given an individual during a fiscal year.
- Consideration will be given to the cost effectiveness of the project.
- The award does not provide leave for formal study leading to a degree.
- Salaries cannot be included, nor can unspecified "miscellaneous" expenses be listed under budget
- Other considerations of the committee will be: to what extent does the plan address a clearly identified individual, professional or program quality need? Is the plan realistic? Are the details well described?
Funding is contingent upon available budget for the fiscal year and the balance available from earlier rounds.
If you requested and were approved in
Round 1: Submit all expenses that are dated between July 1 and June 30
Round 2: Submit only expenses that are dated between October 1 and June 30
Round 3: Submit only expenses that are dated between March 1 and June 30
- If your plans are “tentative,” apply for the earliest round available as the unused award can be returned.
- FASDB cannot retroactively fund expenses for expenses not within the dates of the round awarded.
- Expenses must be processed within 30 days after your travel.
- If travel is after June 1, please expense anything that can be expensed before that date. Submit the rest of the expense as soon as possilble upon returning.
All proposals will be evaluated by the Faculty Professional Development Committee of the Faculty and Academic Staff Development Board.
- The individual committee members will review applications and the full committee will meet and
- Divide proposals into order recommended for funding by the individual committee members.
- Rank those that are recommended for funding in priority order.
- Send proposals back to their authors for modifications, if needed.
- The results of the committee's deliberations will be forwarded to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs for review and notification.