Continuing Education

Taking Classes for Credit

You can also take classes without committing to a degree program. Some students want to develop new professional skills. Others take classes in the summer to transfer to another institution. Either way, UW-River Falls provides a way for you to temporarily enroll as a UWRF graduate or undergraduate student.

Applying to Take Credit Courses

As a temporary graduate or undergraduate student, you may enroll in courses without being admitted into a degree or certificate program at UW-River Falls. You will need a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution to take graduate-level courses. The application fee is waived.

In the application, indicate that your reason for applying is to take courses for personal or professional enrichment.

If you decide to pursue a degree or certificate in the future, you will need to notify us in writing and meet any additional admission requirements, including payment of the application fee. 

Registering for Classes

Once admitted, students will receive their student account number (Falcon Account) and instructions on how to register for classes. Please allow adequate time for your application to be processed before the start of your class.

All UWRF students will register for classes online using the UWRF electronic student registration system (eSIS). If you need assistance in registering, view the tutorials for using eSIS.

Fee Payment Agreement

All new students must sign a Fee Payment Agreement prior to registering for the first term of classes. Find out more

See Student Billing for information on payment plans and options.

Contact Us

Continuing Education
Regional Development Building

Twitter IconSocialMediaGrayFacebook iconyoutube iconSocialMediaGrayIG2