Campus Safety and Health

Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect

Executive Order #54: Reporting incidents of child abuse and neglect at UWRF

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls (UWRF) strives to provide a safe and secure learning and working environment for everyone involved in university activities.  Children come into contact with UWRF employees through various programs, camps, and events.  On Dec. 19, 2011, the Governor signed Executive Order #54, which requires that all University of Wisconsin System employees must report incidents of child abuse and neglect.

Online Training is now available!



  • All University of Wisconsin System (UWRF) employees (this includes all UWRF employees, regardless of appointment type or method of compensation) must immediately report child abuse or neglect, if in the course of employment, a UWRF employee:
    • Observes an incident or threat of child abuse or neglect, or
    • Learns of an incident or threat of child abuse or neglect and has reasonable cause to believe that child abuse or neglect has occurred or will occur.


  • Any suspected abuse (physical, sexual, emotional abuse, or the manufacture of methamphetamine) or neglect of any person under 18 years of age must be reported to local law enforcement or a county social services agency.


  • Immediately
    • Do not delay making a report in order to gather evidence; the agency to whom you make the report will determine whether such an investigation is warranted.
    • It is acceptable to quickly collect additional information that is readily available (such as talking to coworkers who also interact with that child) or to verify that the information learned meets criteria for reporting, but this must be done very promptly.
    • It is better to report without all relevant information than to delay a report to collect information.


  • Contact local law enforcement or a county social services agency:
    • Emergency: 911
    • University Police: (715) 425-3133
    • River Falls Police: (715) 425-0909
    • Pierce County Human Services: (715) 273-6766

What more should I know?

  • You're protected from liability if you make a report in good faith.

Additional Resources:

Please call 715-425-3518 with questions
25H North Hall
FAX 715-425-4980