UW-River Falls offers scholarships for which you can apply annually. The scholarships are funded by the UW-River Falls Foundation through contributions from alumni, faculty and staff, friends, parents, campus organizations, and corporations. Over 550 scholarships totaling more than $500,000 are typically awarded.
Look for Scholarships
Study Abroad Stipends
The College of Education and Professional Studies announces the availability of stipends to support students who will be participating in UWRF-sponsored or approved international study abroad programs.
Each stipend is worth up to $500 and is meant to defray the cost of the study abroad program. While students may request up to $500, the final dollar amount will be determined by the reviewing committee based on the total cost of the program and the student’s financial need.
These stipends are made possible by generous gifts of alumni and friends to the College of Education and Professional Studies. The number of stipends disbursed in any given year may vary.
UWRF Study Abroad Opportunities (Global Connections)
CEPS Study Abroad Stipend Eligibility
To be eligible for these awards students should meet the following criteria:
- At least one full semester as a current, declared major in the College of Education and Professional Studies (exceptions will be made for College of Education-Secondary Education major whose content area is in the College of Arts and Sciences)
- Completion of 45 credits by the time of application
- Participation in a UWRF sponsored study abroad program
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
Preference will be given to:
- Students on study abroad programs officially sponsored by UWRF
- Students who have not studied abroad previously
- Students who have not received a previous CAS Study Abroad stipend
Complete application process described at https://uwrf.academicworks.com/ and found under the appropriate scholarship heading (CEPS J-Term Study Abroad, CEPS Spring/Spring Break Study Abroad, CEPS Summer Study Abroad, CEPS Fall Study Abroad).
Awards will be made directly to the study abroad program in the student’s name, after the student has made a deposit to the program. (Awards may not be used as a deposit for the program.) Awards will be made for specific programs and dates; they cannot be transferred to other programs. Students should be aware that these stipends will affect their financial aid formula for the semester in which the award is made.