UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
- Bookmark Registrar's Office calendar
- If you have financial aid, verify that you will have enough credits, after dropping, to remain eligible for aid.
- If possible, accomplish the drop early enough to avoid a "W" (withdrawal) on your transcript, or at least by the final drop date.
- Be aware that a late drop (filed after the final drop deadline) may not always be approved and requires two approvals - instructor and Dean.
- Do not simply quit going to class without filing the necessary drop paperwork! Not dropping officially, results in an "XF" which may require a re-take of the same class or future high grades to offset the damage to your GPA. It also represents a financial loss for the cost of the course.
- A grade of XF for not attending can require you to repay financial aid.