Students whose first term enrolled at River Falls was before fall 2015, and transfer students who's first semester in college was before Fall 2015 can use this process. The final semester students can apply under the old process will be summer 2018.
- cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 based on 40 credits (including transfer courses)
- completed English 100 and 200 with minimum grades of "C", or "S", or "Waived"
- completed Communication Studies 101 with a minimum grade of a C
- completed Teacher Education 211 or 212 with a minimum grade of a C
- completed basic skills testing (more information here)
- completed one faculty recommendation form
- completed a departmental recommendation form (secondary only)
If any of the requirements are not completed by the application due date, you will not be able to apply until the next admission period.
There are four admission periods which candidates will be considered.
- Complete the online application (link is on the right) by the period due date.
- Fall Semester (advanced before spring registration) due October 1
- Winter (open takes place after spring registration concludes) between December 1st and January 15th
- Spring Semester (advanced before fall registration) due February 15
- Summer (open, after fall registration) between May 1 and August 15
- Request Recommendations as required for your program
- Elementary students need one reference (not from TED 211 instructor)
- Secondary students need one faculty recommendation (any faculty member)
- A department recommendation from their first major. (secondary only). This recommendation should be given to your department chair.
- Recommendations must be received in the Dean's office by the application due date.
- Applications are reviewed after the due date.
- If admitted, you may be required to update your background history (fee required) to have the admission indicator added to your Esis account.