For many issues that bring people to counseling, group counseling is a more powerful path for change than individual counseling. The Interpersonal Process Group offers opportunities to:
- find out that you are not alone in your struggles
- learn from the wisdom and experience of several others, not only the counselor
- experience both giving and receiving acceptance, support, and genuine connection
- interact with others in healthy ways
- develop insights regarding your own patterns and styles which are valuable in creating the changes you desire
The Interpersonal Process Group is composed of 5-8 members, students are asked to commit to attending the group through the end of the semester when they join, and can continue participation as long as it continues to be beneficial.
Ask your counselor whether the Interpersonal Process Group is a good match for you or call 715-425-3884 to set up a group orientation meeting with the group leaders.
For more on interpersonal process groups, view information here.