Wisconsin Distinguished Agriculturalist Award
The Wisconsin Distinguished Agriculturalist Award is sponsored by the UW-River Falls College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences and is presented to an individual in the agricultural or natural resources fields who has provided outstanding leadership, service, and other contributions to the agricultural community.
The selection of the Wisconsin Distinguished Agriculturalist is based on the following criteria:
- Leadership positions and activities related to agriculture and/or natural resources.
- Contributions to and association with the UW-River Falls and the College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Science.
- Statewide recognition for contributions to agriculture.
- National and international activities and accomplishments.
- Accomplishments and activities that extend beyond the individual's normal employment.
This is not an award for recognizing contributions to an individual department within the College or a specific group, but rather for contributions to the entire agricultural and natural resource community.
Len Bayer, 2013 Wisconsin Distinguished Agriculturalist
The selected individual will be recognized and presented with this award at the 48th Annual CAFES Awards Banquet on Thursday, April 24.