Special Requests for Exemption to the 2-Year Live On Campus Requirement
If one of the below situations apply to you, please complete the Residency Exemption Request Form, check the appropriate box, and provide all necessary documentation specified on the form. Submit the form and additional information via one of the methods listed on the form.
Those situations eligible to be considered for an exemption are as follows:
- I am living with my parent(s) or guardian(s) whose home address falls within the approved commuting zip codes (you must submit a Commuter Form)
- I am married (you must submit a copy of your marriage certificate)
- I am a veteran or have at least two years of active duty service with the military (you must provide a copy of your DD214 discharge papers)
- I am a parent (you must submit a copy of the birth certificate(s))
- I have completed 4 semesters of college at an institution post high school (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know)
- Medical/Disability Accommodation Request (you must contact Ability Services. That office will work with you in gathering necessary documentation. Once they have received that paperwork we will consult with them regarding your request)
- Financial circumstances (please be aware that you must apply for Financial Aid in order for us to consider this)
- Other: Provide details in the request form
Once your application is received it will be reviewed by a staff member in the Department of Residence Life and you will be notified via your UWRF e-mail account regarding the outcome of your request.