2014 Chancellor's Award for Students
The Chancellor's Award recognizes students who possess the qualities of leadership, service, and commitment and acknowledges a student's unique personal traits and skills. This award is granted to upper class students and is not solely based on scholastic achievement. The recipients will receive the award at the Chancellor's Award Reception for students in April.
Criteria for Selection
The criteria for selection is based on exceptional leadership skills with service and commitment to the university and community through various projects and activities. Distinguishing attributes, unique personality traits, and special talents are also considered in the selection process. A student may receive the Chancellor's Award only once during his or her undergraduate career.
The following 5 documents must be submitted by March 12, 2014 and must be in MS Word document format:
- Nomination Form
- The nominator's letter: Include examples of nominee's leadership, service, and contributions to the university and community.
- Nominee's Resume
- First letter of support: From faculty/staff/students or community leader
- Second letter of support: From faculty/staff/students or community leaders
Submitting Nomination Documents
- Send all five documents as e-mail attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address the subject line with "Chancellor's Award" and the students name
Tips for Nominators
- Nominators should set up a dedicated folder on their local hard drive to keep documents organized
- Letters of support can be sent to the nominator as an e-mail message. The nominator should then copy and paste the text of the letter into a word document that can be sent as an attachment.
The Nominating Committee for the Chancellor's Award consists of designated representatives from the following university areas:
- Chancellor's Office
- College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- Student Affairs
- Student Senate (2)