Stage One Procedures
All steps must be completed by 4:00 p.m. central time on the 3rd Friday of the semester.
Step 1 - Send Dr. Buttles an email message asking to be added to the Ag Ed Student Teaching Applications website in D2L.
Step 2 - Complete the following documents, print, sign and turn in to Dr. Graham's mailbox:
Step 3- Complete the following documents and submit to the Student Teaching Application folder in the dropbox located in the Ag Ed Student Teaching Applications D2L site:
Note: Items 2 and 3 will be sent to your cooperating teacher and university supervisor.
1. Professional Documentation - This form is currently under revision, Please check back closer to the application deadline
Student Contact Hours - Must have at least 113 pre-student teaching hours before the start of your student teaching placement. Field experiences must take place in approved placements. Most of these hours will be completed as part of required courses.
Occupation Experience Hours - Must have at least 2,000 hours before the start of your student teaching placement. Note: Please review the Occupation Experience Policy for details on this requirement.
2. Current Resume, formatted for an education related position
Review the Resumes for School Districts guide on the Education Majors section of the UWRF Career Services Web Site for a guide to writing education related resumes.
Step 4 - Complete the Student Teaching Intent Survey in D2L.
The following items are not part of the application process, but must also be completed to receive a student teaching placement:
- Praxis II Score - A minimum score of 510 is required and the official Designated Institution Score Report must be on file in the Ag Ed Office to assure a placement.
- Portfolio Gate 1 Review - All 10 standards must be approved before student teaching. Visit the Certification Portfolio web site for details.
One additional item is not required at this time, but will need to be met before you can start your student teaching placement:
- Negative TB Test - Written verification of a current (no more than 90 days prior to the start of the student teaching) negative tuberculin test. Note: Allow at least 3 days for completion.