The mission of the University of Wisconsin – River Falls Center for Economic Research is to contribute to the goals of the College of Business and Economics and the University of Wisconsin - River Falls by encouraging all areas of economic research and promoting economic development in the upper Midwest region.
To meet this mission the Center for Economics Research will:
- Assist faculty in the pursuit of research grants;
- Identify and assist research projects that promote economic development in the upper Midwest including regional economic impact studies and other client projects consistent with the mission of UWRF-CER;
- Support student research initiatives by pairing able students with faculty advisors;
- Provide a database of regional economic data that includes data from external sources as well as data generated by UWRF-CER;
- Publish a semiannual regional economic analysis for the state of Wisconsin and the greater Twin Cities area;
- Provide consulting services to St. Croix Valley communities;
- Maintain a working paper series for CBE faculty, staff and other invited researchers;
- Organize a seminar series that includes research presented by faculty, students and outside guests, as well as providing professional development and continuing education opportunities.