UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
These regulations are in addition to the existing policies found on the UWSA Travel Website
• Refreshment Breaks require a minimum meeting time of 4 hours.
• Lunch breaks require a minimum meeting time of 6 hours and an activity planned other than a social interaction during lunch.
Additional Requirements for Employee Training Events (including student employees):
• Training must span 6 hours or more
• Lunch meal is the only meal allowed(Not breakfast or dinner)
• Identification of which criteria justify the use of state funds.
• Documentation of the business purpose of the meeting.
• List of attendees, indicating whether they are UW employees.
• Original invoices/receipts showing items purchased and amount to be reimbursed.
Reimbursements that are allowable will be up to the UWSA meal/refreshment maximums per person.
If policy is not followed expenses will need to be paid from Personal Funds.
Exceptions may be granted in advance of the event by the University Controller.