Why Study Business Administration - Marketing?
Marketing isn’t just about understanding products and how they fit on a shelf, it’s about understanding people and the decisions they make. As a business administration – marketing major, you’ll learn how to study consumer behavior in order to determine what products and services people want and, in turn, how to design, promote and distribute those products.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Effectively use elements of the strategic marketing planning process to engage in SWOT analysis, market segmentation, targeting, positioning and marketing mix development.
- Apply social science theories relevant to consumer behavior in marketing decisions.
- Understand marketing research concepts and techniques to solve marketing problems.
- Develop a formal strategic marketing plan.
Types of Courses
- Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing
- Internet and Direct Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Promotional Strategy
- Relationship Selling
- Retail Management
“My adviser and professors have been very supportive of me and I feel very prepared because of the many opportunities UWRF and my professors have given me. I am grateful for the hands-on experience I have received, including the resume building and research projects. From these experiences, I have not only learned what is in the textbook but also how to apply it outside of the classroom.”
– Ashley Long, business administration – marketing major
With a marketing degree from UW-River Falls, you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of roles in the marketing field. Potential roles include:
- Advertising Executive
- Brand Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Specialist
- Product Manager
- Public Relations Manager