Interim Chancellor Connie Foster
Connie Foster returned to UW-River Falls on July 1, 2020, to serve an interim role as UWRF’s 19th chancellor.
Initially a professor of health and human performance, gymnastics coach and women’s athletic director, Foster eventually became athletic director and chair of the Health and Human Performance Department during her first tenure at UWRF. She held the roles of dean of the College of Education and Professional Studies and interim provost and vice chancellor for Academic Affairs. She also previously served as interim chancellor for 10 months following Chancellor Don Betz’s departure in 2008.
Foster received the UWRF Outstanding Service Award in 2013 for co-chairing the Falcon Center Volunteer Fundraising Committee and was inducted into the UWRF Athletic Hall of Fame in 2016.
After leaving UW-River Falls in 2009, Foster founded a facilitation and consulting business where her work primarily focused on strategic and academic planning at institutions of higher education. Her consulting work allowed her to remain involved with UW-River Falls. During the 2019-20 academic year, she worked to facilitate external stakeholder engagement as part of the campus’s new strategic plan process.
Originally from California, Foster earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology from California State University-Long Beach and her master’s degree in sport psychology at the University of Southern California. She obtained her Ph.D. in sport psychology at the University of Minnesota.
Chancellor’s Student Ambassadors
A select group of student leaders, our Chancellor’s Student Ambassadors (CSAs) represent UWRF in a variety of capacities. CSAs are enthusiastic and proud while playing a vital role in the success of the university, particularly in their dedication to student success and connection. A CSA appointment comes with perks, including scholarships, campus exposure, professional development and networking opportunities. Learn more about CSAs, including how to apply.
Chancellor’s Advisory Council
- Arlin Albrecht – (Retired) Owner, Red Wing Publishing
- Jamie Benson – Superintendent, School District of River Falls
- Chris Blasius – Business Development Associate, IGO Legacy Hotel Group
- Tom Borowski – President, Hudson Hospital & Clinics
- Ray French – WiSys Regional Associate
- Mark Gherty – Gherty and Gherty S.C Attorneys at Law
- Gregory Gray – Former Chief Compliance Officer of Minnesota Department of Human Services
- James Harsdorf – Secretary-Emeritus, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Food & Consumer Protection
- Steve Healy – (Retired) Polk County Economic Development Corporation
- Andrea Jorgenson – Community Service Manager, Xcel Energy
- Lynn Nelson – Executive Director, West Central WI Regional Planning Commission
- Nick Ouellette – Superintendent, Hudson School District
- John Potter – (Retired) Executive Director, Phipps Center for the Arts
- John Rosenow – Partner, Rosenholm-Wolfe Dairy, Owner Cowsmo
- Bill Rubin – Executive Director, St. Croix Economic Development Corporation
- Quentin Schultz – (Retired) President, Eurofins BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- Scot Simpson – River Falls City Administrator
- Mark Tyler – (Retired) President, OEM Fabricators
- Shannon Zimmerman – Entrepreneur
- Angel Zimmerman – Belle Vinez Winery