Why should my organization reserve a space?
We encourage all student organizations to reserve a space for planned student organization events as it helps us provide the proper support for student activities. All campus reservations can be requested by visiting go.uwrf.edu/orgevent
Additionally, an event planning timeline is provided that will help you plan and execute a successful event. If you have any questions regarding an event or activity please contact the Office of Student Involvement.
Reserving a Space
Most reservations for space on campus are made through Campus Reservations, located in the Involvement Center. However, please note that reservations for space in some buildings are made through those buildings. All recognized student organizations are eligible to reserve space on campus. Decisions about reservations are solely based on neutral and objective requirements and criteria in the Use of Facilities policy, the procedures referenced below, and specific building reservation policies. Review these policies and follow the procedures below to ensure that your space reservation is successful. All reservation requests that comply with the written guidelines will be approved without consideration of the content or viewpoint of the expression so long as the space is available at the time requested. Please take a moment and review the important notes regarding reservations before reviewing your specific type of reservation.
- Late add: Events scheduled within three days (72 hours) of the event will incur a $25 late add fee if special event set-up is required. Special event set-up includes requests for additional spaces, room set ups, or equipment in the University Center. Student Organizations may be charged additional fees for any damages or excessive cleaning associated with their event.
- Set-up fees: Organizations using facilities may incur charges for set-up, supervision, or other fees depending on the scope and nature of the event.
- Ongoing Reservations: The maximum number of times an organization or department can reservation a meeting room for "ongoing, week-to-week use" is three times per week. University Center staff reserves the right to change ongoing reservations room assignments in the event unforeseen circumstances arise. Although this happens infrequently, University Center Staff sometimes runs into situations where there may be need to adjust an ongoing reservation due to unforeseen circumstances that were not anticipated when the reservation series was initially entered. For example, there may be an emergency situation where there is a need to perform building or equipment repair work in the space, so staff need to find a comparable location for the event. Another example would be if Event A ends up needing a larger event space, and if Event B (the ongoing reservation) is in a large event space, but is able to be properly supported in a smaller room, then the University Center staff can maximize space utilization by adjusting the room locations for these events. University Center staff will work with the groups involved to find an equal/better space and generally will not move a reservation without agreement from the group. All such changes to ongoing reservation room assignments will be made without consideration of the content or viewpoint of the expression involved in the ongoing reservation event.
- If you have any questions please contact Campus Reservations.
Reserving Space on Campus
When a space reservation is required for an event there are a few steps that should be followed.
- Fill out a reservation request form: E-mail your request to Campus Reservations, fill out a Campus Reservations Form online, or complete the paper form in person at the Campus Reservations office located in the Involvement Center.
- Order food: If food and beverages are being ordered from Chartwells for the event, contact the Catering Manager and view your various catering options. Note: Recognized student organizations are allowed to provide pre-packaged and/or prepared and delivered food (no homemade items) and non-alcoholic beverages in connection with authorized meetings or events held in the University Center as long as the total value does not exceed $100.
- Receive confirmation: The Campus Reservations Office will confirm all reservations via e-mail. Each confirmation will include audio/visual/technical needs and room set-up information. Note: Campus Reservations confirmations will include prices listed as estimates and you will be billed the actual amount approximately two weeks after the event takes place.
- Review confirmation: Upon receiving the electronic confirmation, it is your responsibility to determine if the facility reservation is correct and complete. Contact Campus Reservations if any errors are found in your reservation.
- Additional charges: Please be aware that any last minute or day of show changes can incur additional fees.
Reserving Large Spaces for an Event
If you are holding a large scale event and would like to reserve large indoor or outdoor spaces on campus please be sure to follow the steps below.
Riverside Ballroom, Falcon's Nest, or Lydecker Center
- Fill out a reservation request form at least 90 days prior to your event date. You can reserve for large events (i.e. - blood drive, drag show, etc...) up to 18 months in advance.
- The room reservation will remain tentative status until the group meets with Campus Reservations staff to discuss and finalize event details.
- Confirm all event details and needs with Campus Reservations at least 30 days prior to the event date (a $5 late fee will be added each day until event details are finalized).
- Campus Reservations will confirm all reservation requests and send out confirmations via e-mail. Please review all confirmations to ensure all details are correct. Please contact Campus Reservations regarding any errors or questions within your reservation.
- Submit a request at least 30 days prior to your event date by e-mailing Campus Reservations or submitting the Campus Reservations Outdoor Space Request.
- If the event does not include a bonfire, the request will be processed and a confirmation will be sent via e-mail. If a bonfire is involved, the group will be sent a tentative confirmation and a link to the regulations surrounding such an event.
- Visit the link within the e-mail, read the agreement, and sign the form electronically.
- Once you receive the final confirmation, review it and ensure all details are correct. Contact Campus Reservations will regarding any errors or questions.