Why should my organization reserve a space?
We encourage all student organizations to reserve a space for planned student organization events as it helps us provide the proper support for student activities.
How can my organization reserve a space?
Event space, meeting space, or vendor table space reservations requests can be made in a variety of different ways. A Recognized Student Organization officer may log into the space scheduling software and enter space requests directly into the system. Anyone in a Recognized Student Organization may fill out the space use request form here go.uwrf.edu/orgevent. Another option is to e-mail email@example.com for any questions about space use on campus or stop by in person at the University Center Information desk to talk to a Reservations coordinator.
For more help in planning and hosting your event, please see the event planning timeline. As always reach out to the Office of Student Involvement with any questions.
Reserving a meeting/event or Vendor Space
All recognized student organizations are eligible to reserve spaces on campus. Decisions about reservations are solely based on neutral and objective requirements and criteria in the Use of Facilities policy, the procedures referenced below, and specific building reservation policies. Review these policies and follow the procedures below to ensure that your space reservation is successful. All reservation requests that comply with the written guidelines will be approved without consideration of the content or viewpoint of the expression so long as the space is available at the time requested.
Important Notes -
- New for 2022 - 2023 Pricing for event services: Fees in the University Center have been updated to make using the facility more accessible to recognized student organizations through the Segregated Fees paid by all UWRF students. The UC Ballroom and the Falcon's Nest spaces are now set at reduced and fixed rates inclusive of room fees, and base equipment and labor. Additionally, University Center audio/visual and event equipment and associated labor is available to recognized student organizations at no charge. However, Student organizations may be charged when equipment and/or services must be provided from a source outside of the University Center.
- Special fees: Organizations using facilities may incur charges for set-up, supervision, equipment, space or other fees depending on the scope and nature of the event. Special cleaning or damage fees may be incurred. Review the space reservation confirmation and or invoice for details.
- Ongoing Reservations: The maximum number of times an organization or department may reserve a meeting room for "ongoing, week-to-week use" is three times per week. University Center staff reserves the right to change ongoing reservations room assignments in the event unforeseen circumstances. University Center Staff will work with groups involved to find an equal/better space and generally will not move a reservation without prior notice. Changes to ongoing reservation room assignments will be made without consideration of the content or viewpoint of the expression involved in the ongoing reservation event.
- Order food: If food and beverages are being ordered from Chartwells for the event, contact the Catering Manager and view your various catering options. Note: Recognized student organizations are allowed to provide pre-packaged and/or prepared and delivered food (no homemade items) and non-alcoholic beverages in connection with authorized meetings or events held in the University Center as long as the total value does not exceed $100. (plan to provide receipts for UC Building Manager review at your meeting or event)
- Receive & review confirmation: The Reservations Office will confirm all reservations via e-mail. Each confirmation will include audio/visual/technical needs and room set-up information. Note: Reservations confirmations will include prices listed as estimates and you will be billed the actual amount approximately two weeks after the event takes place. It is your responsibility to determine if the facility reservation is correct and complete.
Reserving Large Spaces for an Event
If you are holding a large scale event and would like to reserve large indoor or outdoor spaces on campus please be sure to follow the steps below.
Riverside Ballroom, Falcon's Nest - Request space using one of the methods listed above a minimum of 90 days prior to your event date.
- The room reservation will remain tentative status until the group meets with Reservations staff to discuss and finalize event details. Reservations finalized details must be received at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- Reservations will confirm all reservation requests and send out confirmations via e-mail. Please review all confirmations to ensure all details are correct.
- Submit a request at least three days prior to your event date by e-mailing Reservations or submitting the BPLogix web form here.
- Once you receive the final confirmation, review it and ensure all details are correct. Contact Reservations regarding any errors or questions.
- Please read the informational sign posted at each of the UWRF bon-fire pits to ensure a safe event.