Student Health And Counseling Services

Referring a Student for Counseling

Faculty, Staff and Friends

Point out that seeking help is a sign of strength. Inform the student that there is help available and they don't have to go through this alone.  Let the student know that you think someone at Counseling Services could help them.  Faculty and Staff can offer to help the student call and/or walk them over to Counseling Services for assistance.

University Student Health and Counseling Services is a free and confidential service to all UW River Falls students. We provide individual and group therapy. Emergency appointments are available.

Faculty and staff are welcome and encouraged to consult with a counselor at 715-425-3884.

Students can make an appointment from 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday by stopping by 211 Hagestad Hall or by calling 715-425-3884.


Parents and Family Members

Counseling Services provides confidential consultations to parents on how to help a student in distress, how to refer a student to counseling, and how to locate appropriate treatment or mental health care for your student; as well as other issues that come up in the course of being a concerned parent.

You may access Counseling Services by contacting the office at 715-425-3884, and ask to speak with a counselor regarding your particular concerns. Please be aware that Counseling Services is prevented by law from sharing (even with a concerned parent) any information about a student's contact with Counseling Services without a student's permission.

Our staff recognizes that this may be difficult in many situations; you are welcome to share your own concerns with a counselor, and ask the counselor any question you may have about the nature and limits of confidentiality, or the services we might provide for your student.

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall