Sign a Residence Life Contract

Step 1

Pay Your Residence Hall Contract Payment in eSIS >>

  • Paying by credit card: Select the Credit Card option after clicking the above link. There is a fee to use this option.
  • Paying by check: Do not mail your check to UWRF! Use the E-check option available after you click on the above link. There is no fee to use this option.

Step 2

Sign Your Residence Hall Contract in the Online Portal >>

  • If you have completed Step 1 above and have paid your Residence Hall Contract Payment fees in eSIS, then you will see the below button within eSIS for entering the Online Portal:
    eSIS Link To Portal
  • After logging-into the Online Portal, choose the Residence Hall contract for the semester(s) you will be at UWRF, then click "Save and Continue" to begin the contract.
    Fall semester only: While completing your online residence hall contract, look closely at your community options, and read instructions for finding & requesting a roommate.
    View Residence Hall Contract and Rates

Step 3

Select a Meal Plan >>

While logged into the Residence Hall & Meal Plan Portal (see Step 2 above), choose "Meal Plan [Year & Semester]" to enter the meal plan contract and complete your meal plan selection. View meal plan information.

Immunization: Certain vaccinations are necessary and/or beneficial to your protection while in college. Read more about the required and recommended immunizations .

Helpful Sign-up Information

Roommate Options

New students for Fall semester have the opportunity to find and mutually request their own roommate while completing their online housing contract in the Housing & Meal Plan Portal! Read instructions closely. This option will be available until mid-May. For incoming students who are arriving for a semester other than Fall semester, requests for specific roommates may be e-mailed to

Transgender Accommodations

Roommates are assigned by biological sex. Students in transition with special needs should contact the Department of Residence Life by February 1 prior to the term they will be enrolling at UWRF. A limited number of accommodations with access to gender-neutral bathrooms/showers are available if arrangements are secured prior to final housing assignments.  

Hall Requests

At UW-River Falls, we do not accept requests from new students for specific residence hall buildings. The only exceptions are the Jesse H. Ames Suites and George R. Field South Fork Suites.  Students who wish to request either of these halls can be added to a Wait List by sending an e-mail to

Jesse H. Ames Suites (Sophomore Hall):  "Pod" style hall where three groups of rooms share a common living room and kitchen area. To be eligible for Ames Suites, students must meet the requirements listed on the Ames Suites web page.

George R. Field South Fork Suites (SFS) (Upperclass Hall):  Apartment style hall, 4 rooms sharing a common living room, kitchen and bathroom. All rooms in SFS are single occupancy rooms. To be eligible for SFS, students must meet the requirements listed on the South Fork Suites web page

There is an additional charge of approximately $500.00 per semester for living in South Fork Suites.


Single Rooms

Single Room Wait List: You may request to be on the Single Room Wait List, in case a single room opens-up on campus after the academic year begins, by emailing

New Incoming Students: Due to our continued high occupancy levels, single occupancy rooms are not available for incoming freshman students.

Upperclass Students: All rooms in our upperclass hall, South Fork Suites, are single occupancy rooms (see above "Hall Requests" section). 

Sophomores: There are a small number of single occupancy rooms in our sophomore-only hall, Ames Suites. You must request to be on the Single Room Wait List to be considered for one of these rooms by emailing

Medical & Disability Single Rooms: A limited number of single rooms will be available to accommodate medical and disability circumstances. Requests for singles must be submitted by March 1st with required documentation to the Residence Life Office: B3 East Hathorn Hall , 410 S. 3rd St., River Falls, WI 54022, Telephone: (715) 425-4555 or Email: The Department of Residence Life, in consultation with Ability Services Office and other appropriate university staff, will render a decision regarding the request and notify the student via their UWRF e-mail account. Appropriate documentation will be required for considering the request. A limited number of accommodations are available if arrangements are secured prior to final housing assignments.

Half-Filled Rooms - Keeping as Single Room: If a student residing in the residence halls loses a roommate during the year, he/she has the option to retain the room at the single room rate, only when space permits.