What is Hall Council?
Hall Council is a group of student leaders in a residence hall who represent the community to:
- foster relationships and inclusion among residents in the hall
- coordinate fun events and activities in the hall with a budget of $800 - $1,200
- allocate and approve funding for hall events and improvements
- provide leadership development opportunities for students
- represent and advocate for all residents on campus
- establish open and honest communication within our residence halls
- share feedback and recommendations to the Department of Residence Life
- maintain beneficial academic and social atmospheres in our residence halls
Each Hall Council has a variety of positions offered where students can develop themselves as a leader within their community. The positions available are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Hall Council Member, and Dining Services Advisory Committee Member.
Any resident can join their Hall Council as a member to assist in planning and implementing events, gather feedback from community members, gain leadership experiences, and much more!