What is Hall Council?
Hall Council is a group of student leaders in a residence hall who represent the community to:
- foster relationships and inclusion among residents in the hall
- coordinate fun events and activities in the hall with a budget of $800 - $1,200
- allocate and approve funding for hall events and improvements
- provide leadership development opportunities for students
- represent and advocate for all residents on campus
- establish open and honest communication within our residence halls
- share feedback and recommendations to the Department of Residence Life
- maintain beneficial academic and social atmospheres in our residence halls
Each Hall Council has four executive board positions elected by the building’s residents during fall elections. The executive board positions are President, Vice President, Administrative Coordinator, and Programming Coordinator.
Any member of a residence hall can join their Hall Council as a Hall Representative to assist with planning and implementing events, gather feedback from community members, and serve on hall committees.