Frequently Asked Questions

Click on a red plus symbol to view an answer to a frequently asked question. For other questions, please e-mail

What information should I have when planning an event on campus?

See the event planning tool for a complete outline of what you will need.

How far in advance must I make a reservation for an event?
  • University Center Ballroom, Falcon's Nest and some outdoor events

    • No later than 30 days prior to the event including all technology and room setup requests.

    • The reservation will be placed in a tentative status until all booking details have been received.

    • Reservations that do not provide these details by 30 days before the event will be canceled or late fees will apply.

    • The only exception to this policy is the details for final head count which need to be received 14 days prior to the event. Catering due dates also must be followed.

  • Regular meeting room

    • At least three business days before the first meeting.

Note: The first opportunity for UWRF recognized student organizations to request a recurring room reservation for the next academic year is April 1.

Is there a fee associated with canceling a reservation after a certain date?
  • No, if your event is canceled a minimum of three days (72 hours) prior to the start of your event.

  • Yes, if you do not cancel your event. Non-cancellation of space can result in loss or damage of equipment so a fee will be invoiced to your group.

Can we schedule an event beyond normal building hours on campus?

Yes, but additional fees may apply. Please contact Campus Reservations for more information about scheduling space outside of normal building hours.

Can we decorate prior to our event?
  • Yes, but you will need to make sure that you have clearly discussed what type of decorations and how they are to be displayed with the Campus Reservations staff when you are scheduling your event.

  • Nothing can be taped or pinned to any structural walls.

  • There are portable divider walls which you can request to use for decorations or poster hanging.

How can I see if North Hall Auditorium or Abbott Concert Hall is available to use on a specific date?

Please see the On-line room scheduling system and click on 'Browse for Space' and use the 'Filter' tab to select 'KFA' for Abbott and 'NH' for North Hall Auditorium.

What do I need to do in order to reserve the bonfire pits on campus?

To reserve the Amphitheater, University Center or Lydecker Living and Learning Center bonfire pits, use our online process. 

Please contact us to reserve any other outdoor spaces.

What is the best way for me to get an estimate of the fees that will be charged for my event?

Your confirmation will have some pricing information included. If you need additional equipment or setup, contact Campus Reservations to request the additional needs. Campus Reservations may require a meeting with your group in which the Production Services staff can outline specific fees. An updated confirmation with the equipment and the approximate labor cost will be sent after the meeting.

Can I have food at our event?
  • Recognized student organizations (only) will be allowed to provide pre-packaged and/or prepared and delivered food (no homemade items) and non-alcoholic beverages in connection with authorized meetings and events held in the University Center as long as the total value does not exceed $100.

  • If the total value exceeds $100, the Recognized Student Organization is required to cater the event through the food service contractor via

  •  Any group/department other than a Recognized Student Organization is required to cater events through the food service contractor via

  • Brown bag lunch meetings/programs are permitted as long as the brown bag lunches are consumed by the individual bringing the lunch.

  • You can host catered events by contacting or calling (715)425-3273.

  • You can have "pot luck" type events in buildings other than the University Center on campus but please make sure you clean up after yourself.

Can we have alcohol at the event?

An alcohol request form needs to be filled out a minimum of 30 days before the event. There are also special limitations on the amount of alcohol that can be served. Please contact for more information.

I'm showing a movie, what license rights do I need to provide?

Anyone wishing to exhibit a motion picture on campus must provide documentation as to where the license was obtained. For more detailed information, visit the movie rights page.

Contact Us

Campus Reservations
Division of Student Affairs
170 University Center
M-F, 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.