MODERN LANGUAGE DEPARTMENT TESTOUT
DID YOU STUDY A LANGUAGE IN HIGH SCHOOL OR BEFORE?
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE MODERN LANGUAGE PLACEMENT TEST IN FRENCH, SPANISH, GERMAN, CHINESE OR JAPANESE
You could receive up to 14 FREE credits with a grade of "A" by testing out of these courses in your language.
HOW TO DO IT:
1) TAKE the language placement test in French, Spanish, German, Chinese or Japanese
2) ENROLL in the class you place into and pass the class with a grade of B- or better
3) RECEIVE credit and grade for ALL of the courses below the one you tested into!
Example: Test into French 301 and receive a grade of B- or better AND receive credit for:
French 101 4 credits A
French 102 4 credits A
French 201 3 credits A
French 202 3 credits A (Plus your credits and grade for French 301)
· It Is a HUGE boost to your GPA right at the start of your academic career
· You receive up to 14 "free" credits, moving you further up in the registration queue and giving you a boost in credits toward graduation
· By testing out of Spanish, French, or German, Chinese or Japanese 101, you will be fulfilling the General Education Communication-Speaking and Listening requirement
· All Modern Language courses in French, Spanish, German, Chinese and Japanese fulfill the College of Arts and Sciences Liberal Arts requirement
· Testing into a language makes it extremely easy to major or minor in that language. If you test into 301, for example, you are already halfway done with a minor!!!
New/incoming students can take a placement test the day before their registration date. Questions can be directed to the Admissions Office by phone at (715) 425-3500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other students, contact Clio McLagan in the Modern Language Department at (715) 425-3121 or email email@example.com