Working at UWRF

On-Campus Employment

All international students (both F-1 and J-1) are eligible to work on the UWRF campus under the supervision of UWRF faculty or staff.  While working on campus, you are limited to 20 hours per week when school is in session or 40 hours per work during school breaks. J-1 students must have authorization from the program sponsor that issued their form DS-2019 to work on campus. This employment authorization is for a specific job at a specific location and must be renewed every year, or for every new campus job. Reminder: International students are not eligible for work-study positions.

Before beginning your position, you will need to visit International Student Services to complete important paperwork that authorizes your employment.



Career Services
Detailed information about finding a career, major, or internships. Tips for improving your interview skills and developing a resume and portfolio.

Find on-campus and off-campus jobs and internships.The Handshake program acts as a liaison between employers who are posting job opportunities and candidates who are looking for employment.

Contact Us

International Student Services
M-F, 8am - 4:30pm
102 Hagestad Hall

Facebook IconInstagram IconYouTube Icon